Sunday, February 24, 2008

Tales from the Crib (Week 52)

Guess who is walking! It is true, just two days after my first birthday some divine inspiration came over me and I began to walk. Just after waking-up from a nap at the end of church, my mom, dad and I went into the congrational hall to pick-up my new car and get some coffee. Suddenly, I let go of my dad's hand and began to walk. At first, it was a little slow and stiff in the knees but something came over me...I was walking!

I walked for hours throughout the afternoon. I walked around the backyard at my buddy Nathan's first birthday party. I walked between all the clothing racks around Kohl's. I walked around the apartment...up and down the halls. I walked so long that my legs turned to jelly and I couldn't walk anymore. Tonight, I will probably walk around in my dreams and go places I have never been able to go.

It's amazing because this week didn't start off that great. On Tuesday morning, my dad cooked a wonderful breakfast. It was so good, that he let me sit on his lap and eat with him. It was so good, that when he went to get his coffee, I pulled the entire breakfast (plate, silverware and food), onto the wooden floor in a huge crash. He ended-up eating Cheerios and didn't look that happy.

He got over it thought because on Friday, my 1st birthday, my dad made me French Toast with syrup! I ate a half-piece of toast and my mom took me to the Aquarium of the Pacific. I got to hang-out with my buddy Jackson and touch the baby Skates. One swam-up and touched my hand! On Saturday morning, my dad let me climb the stairs, walk around the block and go to park. I opened and shut the park gate as many times as I wanted before going home to get a bath and nap before the big party. That is when my dad almost killed me!

Lately, four more teeth have been pushing through my top gums. To curb the pain, my dad wanted to give me a little Ibuprofen. Instead, he spilled the stuff all over my face (which tasts like delicious berries) and freaked-out! He ended up calling the doctor and running around trying to get me to spit-up. Of course, I was fine but he said that he would have felt horrible if he had killed the baby just before my big birthday party.

Later, four grandparents, two great-grandmas and three great-aunts and uncles came over for my party. My dad said the average age of my birthday was probably over 60 years-old but we had a great time! I got three new trucks and a giant blue car to ride around in. I even tasted my first vanilla cake with chocolate frosting!

1 comment:

Mark Webster said...

Nice Poll Ben.

7 responses, all Yes.

When you're older, your uncle will teach you about "Biased Sampling."