Monday, February 18, 2008

Tales from the Crib (Week 50)

For those of you who are wondering why we are only in week 50 of the blog but week 52 of life, I do not have an answer. It just worked out that way. And for those of you who are so sure that there are 52 weeks in the year, try writing a weekly blog to see if it comes out so. Truly, it has been quite a year and it is hard to believe that you all have been reading my posts every week since February 22, 2007. I thought about a tribute blog with a montage and a reflection about the events of the last year, but I couldn't find the right song.

Having said that, by the next time that I write you all I will be one year old! This is the last time that I write as a "months-old" guy, so I want to be clear to everyone that has been with me from the beginning, that I intend to be the same guy as I have always been. Turning one shouldn't change anything, nor should it change anything about my core values. Although, I do not intend to hang out with babies anymore.

On Saturday, for those of you who will be around, I will be hosting a Champagne brunch to celebrate the occasion. I expect my closest friends and family to gather together to celebrate our first year of life together and maybe have a few Mimosas, culminating with some swinging in the park. Likely, it will just be great-grandmas and grandmas, but you are of course invited to join us and see some great-grandmas swinging in the park will be worth your time!

This week, we celebrated my first Valentines Day by making out with a dog named Angel at Uncle Eric's house in El Segundo. It was also my mommy's birthday but she has had a few more than I have. Actually, I celebrated my mommy's birthday by going to bed at 8:00 PM while I sent my dad out to take my mommy for a night on the town. My grandma stayed with me while my parents went to a fancy restaurant dressed in their suits and dresses. I made sure to cry and throw a fit just before they went so they wouldn't feel badly leaving me behind.

I also did my taxes for the first time this week and even took a few steps in the tax-guy's office while I waited patiently for nearly two hours! It took a whole bag of goldfish and half a cheese-stick, but I wanted to be there to make sure that my parents got a deduction and recognized my contribution to our finances this year. The deduction apparently wasn't enough to get them to commit to having another baby in 2008 but I will continue to press on for something in 2009.

A few other tricks that I have been working on for my first birthday are waving (mostly to myself, which still looks very frantic and weird), and feeding myself. Sometimes, I still forget to take out my pacifier before I try to put the food in which is highly inefficient. The cheese stick and the goldfish often end up in my lap.

So, there is a lot to look forward to in year-one of life. We didn't master too much too quickly and did not attempt to take it all on at once. For now, I will do my best to continue to write but I am currently contemplating a book deal so I don't want to divulge to much. Until next time, thanks for all your love and support!

No comments: