Monday, January 21, 2008

Tales from the Crib (Week 46)

Happy Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day! This morning, we listened to the speech of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. It was my first holiday for Dr. King who seemed like a great guy. Like me, he stood up for what was right and liked to talk to people, although he said a lot more than the word "hi". We also watched the Democratic debates today between Obama, Clinton and Edwards. It seemed pretty intense. They all seemed like good talkers too, but my favorite was when it ended and I got to see the moose that walks around the town on the show Northern Exposure. I have never seen something so funny!

What a busy week this has been! The good news for all of myfriends and family that have been awaiting the news is that I have overcome my Coxsacki. I don't want to make it sound easy, but once my fever broke--after three nights of wrestling with my blankets and sleeping on my mom's chest--the red spots stopped spreading. There are still lots of little marks where the blisters once were but they seem to be fading without a trace. It took a lot of hard nights (and nights on the couch for my dad) but it definitely brought the Keisler family together.

It is certainly tough to be a baby. No sooner was I back from Coxsacki, that I found myself locked in a struggle with my four top teeth...all coming in at once! This is shaping-up to be the worst yet. It is like having a giant toothache around your entire mouth and it makes you drool on everything. To curb the pain, I have been chewing on anything I can get my mouth on: pens, paper, pillows; you name it.

On the other hand, something cool that happend this week was that my grandparents from Arroyo Grande came to visit and take care of me on Friday. My grandpa Mike built me a table out of wood that is my height. It came with a chair and a smooth table top that I can put stuff on when I want to sit in my room and play with my toys. It's perfect for playing the piano and working my puzzles. Sometimes, I sit at it for 30 minutes on my own.

Another cool thing that I did when my mom and dad were at work was that I crashed into the big buffet in the dining room and broke the wooden leg clear off. One might say that the piece of furniture was getting old and dry while I like to say that I am getting really good at crashing my walker into things at top speeds. Actually, I am really close to taking steps on my own; very, very close. Speaking of walking, I took a walk with my parents all the way downtown to the bookstore and to eat lunch at George's. It is one of my favorites to have both parents home at the same time during the weekend. We went to church and even had pancake breakfast at Dave's house.

This afternoon, I went over to Pat and Christa's for lunch and chased two cats around the house. I even saw a wall heater that actually worked. While I had the opportunity to touch it, I felt the heat and held myself back from touching it. We had to leave because my teeth were really bothering me and my dad said that I was acting like a nut-job. I think this is just the beginning of a lot of days acting crazy. After all, that's what being a baby boy is all about.

1 comment:

Lindsay and Steve's Weddding! said...

Jeez...could this child get any cuter?? I always think no but then he proves me wrong every week. I love you Bean-see you as soon as I can!

Love,
Aunt Linny