Sunday, December 9, 2007

Tales from the Crib (Week 40)

Christmas is coming and the goose is getting fat, but apparently, I'm not. I went to see Dr. Quan this week for my 9-month check-up and shots. First of all, Dr. Quan said that I am a skinny chicken at almost 31 inches tall but now only 20 pounds and 11 ounces. No matter how much I try to eat and how many bottles I try to drink, I can't seem to put on the pounds. Dr. Quan says that I am healthy, although he said that I am tall (99th percentile) and skinny (50th percentile) with a big round head. Guess where the genes came from!

My dad got really sick this week and slept on the couch a lot. I thought it was hilarious that he had to lay on his back for three days. My mom said he had vertigo and couldn't walk as good as I could. I tried to help him learn but it took him a few days to get back on his feet. I think that he will be back to normal soon.

Santa-baby also arrived with my first presents. I got a new Santa Clause hat and included some pictures of me wearing it around the house. I don't usually like to have anything on my head but since my mom likes this one, I am willing to wear it around the house and make her laugh. We have been watching lots of Christmas movies this week at night like Charlie Brown's Christmas, A Christmas Story and Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. My dad says that they are classics. Usually, I watch them for about 10 minutes while I finish my bottle, have a few laughs and fall asleep immediately at 7:15 PM.

This week we had our big holiday party. I should say that my mom and dad had a big holiday party and stuck me in the back room. While I would have liked to have greeted everyone at the door (having mastered the word 'hi'), I fell asleep by 7:00 PM (before the first guests arrived) and didn't wake up until 7:00 AM! My mom slept in a little bit longer than usual while my dad and I got into the cream of wheat. I included a picture of us eating breakfast.

No comments: