Sunday, December 16, 2007

Tales from the Crib (Week 41)

I met Santa this week. Needless to say that it didn't go well. I found Santa Clause to be slightly odd and intimidating. Granted, my mom and dad were both there laughing and taking pictures there was something strange and about a grown man dressed in a full winter coat and sitting in the middle of an outdoor mall in Southern California. Nonetheless, the message was certainly delivered that I've been a good boy and that some great presents should soon be coming my way. In particular, I was sure to ask for my favorites: a vacuum cleaner cord, a computer keyboard of my own and a limitless supply of my own white paper receipts to tear apart and eat.

This week, I think that another row of my teeth began making their way into my mouth. My nose has been more congested and I can't stop drooling. On top of that, I have been waking up every hour and keeping the entire house up to boot. The way that I figure is that we should suffer as a family. After all, my parents created this whole situation so they should be a part of sharing the consequences. Hopefully, I will have some new teeth for the new year.

Dad and I spent a lot of quality time together this week because mom had to go to Portland for work on Thursday and Friday. It is always fun to watch football and to stay up a little later to jump when it is just the guys. I had one good night and one rough night (as my teeth started kicking in) and had a great time at daycare. Of course, the first 20 minutes are always tough but the days go pretty quickly. Also, I get to spend a lot of time studying the wheels on the pack-in-play at daycare. Wheels are pretty cool if you haven't spent much time checking them out recently.

By next week at this time, the entire Keisler family will be in Long Island to visit Grandma and Grandpa Webster. I'm told that it is going to be a white Christmas in New York and that there is already snow on the ground. Just to clear up some misconceptions, I have included a picture of Christmas in Southern California and offering proof that we have both beach, water and snow all at the same time. We tried to catch the Naples Christmas Boat Parade but missed it by about 30 minutes. We walked down to the water and saw some of the boats that were still floating around. There were lots of parties but I didn't want to stay out too late because I want to be sure to be well for the big Christmas trip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Benjamin,
Tell your parents not to worry if you cry the first few minuts at daycare. Once upon a time, there was another fellow that cried whenever he was left at daycare. Turns out, he's visited over 15 countries; lived in Japan and Africa; and doesn't think twice about taking off for parts unknown whenever the mood strikes.

He's a good guy though...you should spend more time with him!

Love,
N.