Sunday, October 21, 2007

Week 34 in Benjamin's Crib

What a week, ending with my first experience of the Santa Ana winds on Sunday afternoon. I have been in a miserable mood and sleeping terribly because of my two new teeth that are almost completely in. On top of the hot wind and dust flying around Long Beach, I have a terribly runny nose and very sore gums. I chew on anything I can get my teeth on to cut the pain but nothing seems to make me feel better. Today, my mom even gave me an ice pack and a rubber spatula to chew on. In any case, I can't sleep because I feel horrible and I feel horrible because I can't sleep. And so is life.

Some good things happend this week as well. First, my Huston grandparents were down to visit and watch me on Monday. We all helped my mom to clean up our old apartment at 262. We patched and sanded the walls and washed the floors so that everything looked better than the day that I can home from the hospital. It was a little sad to move on, but it was also an important step for me to let go and take the next step in life toward my own room and independence.

On Thursday, my mom went to Portland for work and it was just my dad and me. We watched the American League Championship Series (I wanted to Cleveland to win) and also watched Rutgers upset South Florida. It was definitely good to hang out with the guys. Both my dad and I had bottles, we took a walk to pick-up take-out and watched sports. My dad said he was tired from work so I crashed around 7:30 PM each night. He needs his rest and I like to set a good example.

I also went to daycare at Erica's both on Thursday and Friday. I hung out with my buddy Enzo who helps put my pacifier back into my mouth when I drop it on the ground. I don't think Enzo washes his hands nor does he wash my pacifier but my dad says it is good for me to get exposed to germs and to "build up my anti-bodies"...whatever. On Saturday, my mom and dad moved out of the apartment and picked up a whole new set of furniture in Los Angeles. My mom says that the new dining room set is actually over 60 years old but it is new to us. On Saturday night, we watched the USC vs Notre Dame game (classic match-up) and were very glad to see the Trojans starting to click again on offense...I think they just need to heal up and get their starters back on the offensive line. Saturday night, my Keisler grandparents and great-grandma Betty came down to have dinner and to check out the new pad. We had tons of fun (even though my teeth still hurt).

No comments: