Sunday, October 28, 2007

Tales from the Crib (Week 34)

There has definitely been a change this week. Mommy thinks that I am finally turning the corner on the battle with my new teeth. For the second straight night, I have been able to sleep without the tooth aches that have been making my nose stuffy and waking me up every hour. I think that it is also having an effect on mommy and daddy because they are getting more rest as well.

This week was also a big week because we had the first party in our new crib. Many of our friends and family came by to watch the football game (this was the third straight party at my dad's house that USC lost) and to eat German sausages. My mom cooked for two days to get the sauerkraut and potatoes ready for the Oktoberfest theme. She and I had picked them out special from the Alpine Village butcher. My buddies Nathan and Jackson came over, but none of us could really eat the sausages because Jackson is the only one who has teeth on both the top and bottom row of his mouth.

This week, I also went to the Aquarium with Nathan and his mom. I love the fish and all the water. You wouldn't believe what the seals were doing and how fast they can swim around. My mom and I watched them for a long time. Also, this week I went to happy hour on Friday afternoon with my dad. We went over to Dave's house to celebrate the end of the week and I got to hang out and tear up his magazines. While my walking is getting better, I am still having problems with crawling...but have mastered the ability to spin in circles on the floor and to push myself backwards. My dad says it is only a matter of time.

Well, I am going to take off to go see the Haute Dawg parade. My Aunt Kelly is entering Bela in the competition. Bela is a male Chihuahua but Aunt Kelly is going to dress him up like a girl. I can't wait to see all of the dogs in their costumes. In the afternoon, my mom says that we are going to the pumpkin patch to pick out a pumpkin for carving. Also, we are going to watch Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin tonight. I am excited because Wednesday will be my first Halloween and we are going to go trick-or-treating to all the restaurants nearby.

No comments: