Sunday, November 4, 2007

Tales from the Crib (Week 35)

What a week of ups-and-downs! On Monday, I took my first ambulance ride when, after I had jumped head-first over the side of the bed, my mom had to call 9-1-1. I don't remember much but my mom said that I was acting very funny and scared her half-to-death. They put me in a big splint and strapped me to the stretcher for the ride. All the neighbors were very nervous. By the time we got to the hospital, my dad was there waiting for us to get out of the back of the truck. It was the same hospital that I was born in (Long Beach Memorial) but we were definitely in a different part of the building.

I think that my parents were more scared than I was because my mom definitely cried a lot more and a lot longer than I did. By evening, I was back to my old self. The best part was that my Grandma Webster sent me $25 and I got a new pair of Spiderman III tennis shoes.

Also, my two teeth are now fully grown and I can use them to scratch and bite things. They are the two lower-middle teeth. I am not sure if I am going to get any new ones across the top but for now these are all that I need to eat my peaches and the chew up the food my mom makes for me in the blender. My nose isn't running as much and there is not so much drool anymore.





This week was also my first Halloween and my first taste of chocolate. My mom dressed me up to look like a pumpkin and my buddy Jackson was dressed like Ehore from Winnie the Pooh. We walked up and down the street in Belmont Shore to see if we could get candy from the different stores and I got quite the haul. My mom let me lick a lolly pop and taste a piece of chocolate. I was immediately hooked and it made me do crazy things so she took it away from me. Totally, unfair. We finished the night by handing out candy to all the kids who were big enough to walk up and down the street on their own. I got a total charge out of all the costumes, including one girl who played the fiddle and the smallest, scariest clown you have ever seen.






The end of the week brought my Granda, Grandpa and Great-grandma Keisler to Long Beach for Saturday afternoon. They took care of me while mom and dad went up to Homecoming at USC. The good news was that the Trojans won again. I had a great time going for walks and playing ball with my grandpa. The tough part about it all is that I am really attached to my mommy right now and get worked-up whenever she is not around. Mom calls it separation anxiety but I don't know what that means.

No comments: