Sunday, October 7, 2007

Week 32 In My Own Room!

So much has changed over the past two weeks that I don't know where to start. We all moved into a new place about 4 blocks away. We are not far from our old place but we are only two houses away from the park where my mom and I go to use the swings. It may be sad for many of you that I am no longer writing about our life in a one bedroom apartment, so I am opening up a contest to anyone who would like to supply a name for my new blog. My dad said that you can send names to his email address by the end of October. My mom will pick the winner for the new blog starting November 1, 2007.

Anyway, a lot has changed (including USC losing to Stanford this weekend) as you can see from my pictures. My new room is green with a yellow racing stripe. I picked out the colors at Lowes with my mom. We cleaned out the closet and moved in my crib. Over the next few days, we are going to put together an even bigger crib since I am getting too big for my little one. I even have a giant dragon on the closet door that holds all of my toys and giant foamy puzzle-pieces on the floor. For the first time, I was even able to put up my Angels banner. Even though they got beaten by the Red Sox this weekend, I am going to keep it up for Spring Training next year.

Our new place is great because there is a lot more space. My mom says that it is much better because the kitchen is bigger and that she may even have enough room for a big cutting block. I like it because I can sit in my high-chair in the dining room and watch her cooking or sit on the kitchen floor and roll the big squash around. In any case, I like the fact that my parents don't have to sleep in my room anymore because they were starting to get on my nerves. They often kept the light on late to read before going to bed or they would make a lot of noise getting ready in the morning and wake me up. Now, I can wake up and 6:15 AM for some stretching, talking practice and a bottle before going down for a long morning nap. It's nice to have some time to myself and some peace and quiet.

Another new development is that I think I am getting my first tooth. It is coming in on the bottom-right front part of my mouth and it is driving me nuts. Not that I didn't drool much before but this new tooth has brought with it a host of issues. Meantime, I think I am starting to get over the formula thing. I eat a lot more adult food including chicken and rice and I love it! I still get my apple sauce and cinnamon on a regular basis but I am definitely stretching out my menu.

Well, I am going to get to bed. This next week is a big one for me with daycare, swinging at the park, going to the gym with mom and lots of dirty diapers. Until next week, start thinking about your names for my new blog and send them to my dad. I have included our new mailing address below so that you can update your contact lists.

The Keislers
207 1/2 Park Ave.
Long Beach, CA 90803

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cute pics, can't wait to see the new place. Tell your Auntie Lindsey thanks again for the dinosour book and toy.
-Nate