Sunday, September 9, 2007

Week 28 in a One Bedroom Apartment

The apartment hunt continues! This week, my mom and I hit the streets of Long Beach in earnest so that I will soon be able to change the title of this blog from "Life in a One Bedroom Apartment" to "Life in a Two Bedroom Apartment". I am getting a little tired of sharing my tiny bedroom with my parents. Every time that I make a little noise, they come running over to check on me or plug in my pacifier. It really can get on your nerves. Plus, my dad talks in his sleep and sometimes even sits up in bed talking gibberish in the middle of the night. It's getting time for a change.

This week was a big one for me because I started daycare one day a week. At this point, I am pretty happy with my new hangout because there are a lot of older women there (some of them already in kindergarten) who fawn over me and make me feel special. Usually, I just sit in the corner and watch the bigger kids play...it's kind of my strategy to get a feel for the new environment. Once I learn to talk their language, I think I will be more inclined to initiate a conversation and maybe set up a play date.

Also this week, I hung out with Jackson and went to Aunt Quanisha and Uncle Sherman's house. While I spent most of the afternoon spitting-up on their couch, the cool thing about the Jones' (other than the Prius and the iPhone) is that they have two beagles named Dusty and Patches who like to hang out with babies. They are fun to watch because they also like to wrestle Greco-Roman style (with one wrestler starting on top). Now that football season has officially started, I get to watch lots of games with the guys.

This afternoon I also got to go to the Belmont Shore Car Show with my dad while my mom worked on the computer. My dad doesn't actually know anything about cars but he likes to talk about anything so we pretended to be interested in all the different makes and models. Our favorites were the different Mustangs and the Cameros. I like cars a lot more now that I have a Jeep steering wheel with ignition and horn attached to my stroller. Life in the Shore is pretty good.

No comments: