Monday, September 3, 2007

Week 27 in a One Bedroom Apartment

Since I wore everyone out in New York, I decided it was about time to come back home. You can see me at the beach sneaking up on my Uncle Mark and Aunt Leah...they couldn't hang for very long and needed a nap. I can totally relate.

I made it back from Long Island in one piece and boy am I glad to be home! My dad picked-up my mom and me at the Long Beach airport after a 5.5 hour flight. Luckily, we had an extra open seat next to us so that I could sleep on the way home. This time, I didn't even poop my pants on the landing or the take-off.

Upon arrival home, the temperature took off...and boy is it hot! My mom and I have been particularly uncomfortable and have been having a hard time getting through the day without taking cold baths together and drinking lots of bottles of cold water (with a hint of plum). My mom says that she is drinking the same thing but hers have ice cubes and little umbrellas in them. My dad has been staying in the shade sipping cold drinks, but I don't know what is in his bottles because there don't even have nipples on them!

This week, I have also been working hard on my crawling. My buddy Nathan is trying to teach me (after all, he is five days younger than I am), but I am just not that interested. Still, it makes more sense to me that you should flex every muscle in your body at once and make your legs as rigid as possible. This is good for spinning in circles, particularly if you want to wedge yourself in the corner of your crib...but it doesn't get you across the room. I may just skip the crawling altogether and go straight for the walking.

Life keeps changing for me as I pass the six-month mark. I am now eating mashed potatoes and apple sauce with a bottle chaser. Typically, my bed time has been pushed back to 7:30 PM or 8:00 (I like the nightlife...I like to boogy), and I am getting my mom up at about 6:00 AM each morning to catch a bottle and jump in my bouncer while my dad goes to the gym. Perhaps it is a little bit of jet-lag, but it seems okay to me! I hope you enjoy my pictures trying to beat the heat by sleeping it off.

No comments: