Sunday, August 26, 2007

Week 26 in Long Island

This week was very cool. My Grandma and Grandpa Huston came to stay with us in Long Beach, I turned 6 months old, and I took my first plane trip across the country! My mom had to work again in a place called Portland, Oregon. She said that it rained a lot and that she was happy that we live in Southern California. Since my dad had to work when she was gone, my grandparents took care of me during the day.

Turning 6 months old was also a big deal. In my most recent doctor visit (the bubblegum medicine was giving my hives), the doctor told me that I am now almost 19 pounds and over 28 inches tall. Some people say that I am going to be a basketball player or a swimmer because I have such long arms, legs and fingers, while others say that I will be able to peel bananas with my toes and could probably make it in the circus. Either way, if they have a sport that involves jumping or dancing in a bouncer, I could definitely win it. My record is now over an hour of straight of jumping and my Aunt Kelly says that I have some of the best moves you have ever seen...pretty much the best I know.

On Wednesday of last week, the entire Keisler family went to the airport together to fly to a place called Long Island. While I was a little nervous at first, I learned a trick to make it easier. The key is to wait until the turn on the "fasten seat belt" light and then you let it go in your pants. I did this at both take-off and landing and never had any problems with my ears popping at all. Everyone around me was very happy when I got my diaper changed. It was really nice to have so much support from so many complete strangers.

My trip to Long Island was a big hit. Most of the people from the east coast that were at my mom and dad's wedding came by to visit us and give me presents. I got some awesome stuffed monkeys and books with crinklies and soft thing to touch. I also got to see my Uncle Mark, aunts Lindsay and Leah, Linda and Rick, Aaron and Carrie, Mike and Ragin (and Olivia) and many others. My Uncle Zak and Aunt Kate even drove 5 hours each way to see me on Saturday. We went out on the boat together and went to the beach to eat lunch and drink our bottles.

The best part of my Grandma and Grandpa Webster's house, however, is the swimming pool. Each day I was able to go swimming in the pool and show my stuff. My Aunt Lindsay got me a little boat so that I could kick around and be like my grandpa who loves to drive boats in the ocean. I am still working on my breatstroke but feel pretty good that by the end of the week I will be able to do a medley.

No comments: