Sunday, August 5, 2007

Week 23 in a One Bedroom Apartment

What a week with Grandma B! Some say that finding affordable childcare is difficult these days, but my grandma is willing to fly across the country to take care of me. While both my parents had to work all week, my grandma and I hung out, took walks and ate as much as we could. For the first time, I ate an entire banana by myself!

This week I also inched a little closer to crawling for the first time. My mom says that I am not allowed to be on the bed or the changing table by myself anymore without big pillow barriers. Since I can arch my back and shimmy my way around the big bed, my mom and dad make giant walls of pillows and blankets to keep me from leaping off the edge. There is no doubt about it, I can do multiple baby-pushups now and get my butt up in the air...I hope to be crawling by the end of August.

On Thursday, we all went to the band concert for movie theme night. I didn't recognize anything, but my dad was sure excited about the Star Wars music. He says that he can't wait until we get to watch all the classics together. I don't know what a classic is, but it apparently involves a lot of wine and loud music. I still don't see what the big deal is about the band concerts but there are certainly a lot of funny people there acting real strange.

I also got a package from my uncles Zak and Devin. There were two cards in the package, both addressed to me and a couple of awesome outfits. I got to wear the first one on Saturday, when we went downtown to see the boats and have lunch. It is bright red and says "Lil' Pirate" on the front. My uncles call me that because of the pictures the doctor took of me when I was still in my mom's belly. They say that I looked like a little pirate with an eye patch. I am not sure what the back of the outfit means. On the butt, it says "Poop Deck". My uncles are weird.

Anyway, the good thing is that I can yell a whole lot louder this week than I could last week. It's pretty awesome. I typically start around 7:00 AM warming up my voice. By noon I can really clean out my pipes. My dad keeps talking about my inside voice...but I am not sure what he is talking about. I never even knew I had an outside voice. See you next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love that outfit! Uncle Devin is looking forward to meeting you on 11/24...where will you be 'cause he's probably going to want to find you!

N.