Sunday, July 15, 2007

Week Twenty in a One Bedroom Apartment

Another great week in Belmont Shore. Now that I am big enough to have my own high-chair, I am eating all kinds of new things, including mashed-up sweet potatoes and bananas. Some babies think that eating adult food is a big thing but I think we all need to open our minds and experiment. Not that I like everything I try but formula is for babies and I am quickly growing out of that phase.

This week my mom and I went shopping together to pick out some new clothes for her. She said that it has been a while since she was able to go out and buy new clothes that didn't have elastic waste bands for pregnant ladies. I don't know what she was talking about but I was a huge help and slept through most of it. Also, my dad was gone at a conference for two nights, the longest he has ever been away since I was born. While gone, he said that I could be the man of the house and I took advantage of his open place in the big bed. Since I like to stretch out, it was much appreciated.

On the weekend, my dad and I went to the beach for the afternoon. I splashed in the water and got sand in my diaper. When he tried to change me, he got stung by a bee and said a lot of words that I didn't understand. We listened to the baseball game on the radio and then went over to Jackson's house for the evening. Mom went to a girls party while the guys hung out and drank our bottles. It was cool hanging out with the guys and "talking shop". We all fell asleep early and the girls made fun of us but I was glad to see mom when she came home...she seemed really happy too and talked the whole way home. It was one of the first times that I saw my mom talking more than my dad!

We also went to church this weekend to see dad sing. I made it through the first 30 minutes of the church but got bored with the sermon. My great-great-grandpa used to say, "about God in about 20 minutes" and I totally agree. I checked out the organ and the choir and then headed home for a nap because in the afternoon, I went to my third Angels game. My aunts Kelly and Greta gave us tickets that were only three rows back from the field so that I could see the grass up close and watch the players. Our friends Tom and Steffi Modica went with us but man it was hot! My mom and I ended up taking a nap in the shade and the Angels lost in the top of the 10th inning. Tough loss but a great end to a great week!

No comments: