Sunday, July 22, 2007

Week 21 in a One Bedroom Apartment

As you can see from the pictures, I am getting pretty huge these days. At my most recent visit to the opthalmologist, I weighed in at a staggering 17 pounds. For those of you who don't understand, this is heavier than two gallons of milk combined. My mom says it is because of all the peaches, yams and zucchini I have been eating. Pretty soon I will weigh more than my dad does.

I am getting really close to crawling now. One of my favorite things to do now is to wiggle around on the grass and tear it out of the ground. I am told that the cats and dogs do other stuff on the lawn, so typically I am only given a few minutes on any given day to crawl around in the front yard. For some reason, my dad calls this time of the afternoon "happy hour", whatever that means. The neighbors all like to come around and check up on me.

This week I also visited the pool for the first time. This was pretty much the most awesome thing yet. My buddies Nathan and Jackson went with their moms. I am pretty sure that their moms had to hold them up in the water. I on the other hand "tore it up" as they say. My mom helped a little but I did most of the swimming and kicking and splashing in the water and was very upset when we had to go home. After, I slept for the entire night to get my energy back up for the next time we go.

Speaking of water, my mom and dad also took me to the Aquarium of the Pacific on Saturday afternoon. This was totally great. There were all kinds of fish, eel, sharks, birds and seals. You name it, they had it. My favorite of course is to splash around in the touch pond but I also love to stand in the displays that are above you and around you. It's like you are swimming but your diaper doesn't get wet.

On Sunday, my dad and I went up to Glendale to see my Great Grandma Solveig. She just returned from a trip to the Middle East...wherever that is. For the most part, I just passed out on the living room floor while my GG and my dad talked about Egypt and Israel. They said that someday I would go there too, but for now, I will settle for the aquarium or the swimming pool. Until next week!

No comments: