Sunday, July 8, 2007

Week Nineteen in a One Bedroom Apartment

This has been an extremely busy week for the whole Keisler family! It all began with the arrival of my Aunty Lindsay who likes to kiss my toes. We had fun taking many long walks with my mom in Belmont Shore. She even babysat me when my parents went out for dinner at George's one night. She said that it was half-price bottle of wine night and that my parents needed a few hours away. I am not sure why they would want any time away from me but we had fun without them.

On Wednesday was the 4th of July. My parents said it was also called Independence Day but it looked to me like all anybody did was stand around a barbecue and drink beer. When the fireworks started going off, so did I and ended up going home and going to bed. I also did better at my second band concert Thursday night. I still don't like all the clapping and all the people making noise but it is getting better.

On Friday, we got a family membership to the Aquarium of the Pacific this week. I met my buddies Jackson and Nathan down at the aquarium to check out the sharks and the colorful fishies. You wouldn't believe it but they have a pond full of rays that you can touch. My mom let me go in head first and I splashed for hours. My mom said that there were more people standing around watching me scream and splash than there were watching the rays.


The weekend was even busier than the weekdays. On Saturday, we went back to the aquarium after a day at the beach. This time we went to see a Shakespeare play outside the aquarium called Romeo and Juliet...still don't know what that was all about. We got to go to the Farmer's Market, to a brunch for my dad's choir and to a baseball game. My dad never went in the game because he says that his shoulder is bad...I think it is just that he is getting old. In any case, great week for a guy going on nineteen weeks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So Benjamin...what are you doing on November 24? Would you be interested in going to LAX to meet your Uncle Devin who will be coming back from Africa? He said his first stop would be to see you.

Love,
N.