Monday, June 4, 2007

Week Fourteen in a One Bedroom Apartment

This week began with a bang as I started to roll over on my own for the first time. My parents were so thrilled with my new ability that my mom even called my dad at work to celebrate. While spending more time on the floor in the living room, I have also begun the long process of learning to crawl. Primarily, this involves lots of loud grunting and a swimming motion but so far, I haven't moved very far.

I also began my new tradition of screaming for 20-30 minutes before going to bed each night. I find that this wears everyone out in the apartment and helps us all to sleep harder and better when I finally go down.

Week fourteen also brought a new stroller, my new Jeep off-road roller, which also has its own speaker system so that I can listen to the Black-Eyed-Peas when my mom and I go for a walk. In fact, my friends and I walked all the way down the beach bike path to the Pike to eat lunch. I think that my mom also digs the new stroller because it can jump higher up and down the illegal (non-ADA compliant) curbs in our neighborhood.

Finally, the most exciting event of the week was that my Uncle Mark came to visit me for weekend. We drank our bottles together (his bottles are darker) and did lots of smiling and standing. My Uncle Mark likes to kiss the soft chicken hair on my head which is falling out more quickly each day. My dad says that I will soon look like Grandpa.

No comments: