Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Week Thirteen in a One Bedroom Apartment

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times in our one bedroom apartment. In the same week that I got to celebrate the Memorial Day Weekend with my grandparents in San Luis Obispo and Arroyo Grande, our apartment was burglarized on Sunday afternoon before we got home. Luckily, they didn't find the really valuable stuff and left all of my nuk-nuks alone. While they raided my changing table and threw clothes all over my mom and dad's floor, they didn't find my extra clean diaper covers (which are extremely valuable around here).

One of the good things though, is that I can ride in the car for over three hours and sleep the whole way! My parents say that I am the best baby traveler ever.

As you can see from the pictures, I am also starting to stand on a regular basis. In fact, this is my favorite point of view because I can see so much more from atop my stretched-out legs. I have even started to enjoy my tummy time and can lift my head up for at least 30 seconds at a time. When I push off with my legs and grunt really loud, I can even move across the bed a little bit. Crawling is not far away!

Otherwise, life in our one bedroom apartment gets easier and easier. My mom and I visit my friends regularly for walks. And although I still don't like to get sprayed with the sprinkler, I am starting to love the park.

No comments: