Sunday, May 20, 2007

Week Twelve in a One Bedroom Apartment

As I near three months old, I can't help but take a moment to reflect on all that has happend to me in the first twelve weeks of life and think to myself: what a wonderful world. I am pretty lucky to have five great-grandparents, six grandparents, seven aunts and uncles, and very soon a new cousin. Some would say that I have pretty cool parents as well.

This week, as you will see in my Snapfish album of pictures was filled with new activities. Starting with my first Mother's Day (last Sunday), I picked up bagels and flowers for my mommy and then helped make brunch forher and my Great-grandma Betty.

During the week, I went to look at houses with my parents. They are looking to find a place where I can have my own room but I told them that I don't mind sharing theirs. In fact, I kind of like having the option of sleeping in their bed in the morning. I also spent a lot of time with my buddies Nate and Jackson, with our moms getting pizza and beer for happy hour in the afternoon.

Meantime, I have begun grabbing everything in sight. Once, I even held the bottle for myself and put in my own pacifier. A favorite game of mine is to pull my blanket over my head and even put it in my mouth when it is nice and soft. In fact, I will put anything in my mouth these days, including my stuffed monkey named Blue.

The biggest news, however, is what my parents call "sleeping through the night." The past three nights, I have been taking a nightcap (about two ounces of formula) around 10:00 PM and then sleeping until 5:30 AM or so. My mom gives me a double diaper so that I don't wake up and my parents seem to be much more friendly during the day. It's a good thing too, since we all sleep in the same one bedroom apartment.

On Saturday afternoon, I got to go to a barbecue with my dad at Tom and Steffi's house where we watched the lacrosse playoffs and hung out with all kinds of people drinking something called "beer."

Probably the highlight for me this week was Sunday morning when I went to Bayshore Church to see the children's play about Noah and the Ark. At the end, there was a giant balloon rainbow that floated above the pews and the organ was very powerful. In the afternoon, my mom and dad took me to my first baseball game at Angel stadium where the Angels finished a three game sweep of their cross-town rival Dodgers (my favorite team). My dad wore his Angel's hat but I wore my Dodger's uniform from uncle Zak in Virginia.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ben, we love the baseball pic, Nathan was jealous because you got to go to your first baseball game. Glad you had fun :)

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.