Sunday, April 29, 2007

Week Nine in a One Bedroom Apartment

This has been an exciting week with my Aunt Lindsay staying with us...a family of four in our one bedroom apartment!

On Monday, I got my two-month shots at Dr. Quan's. I was very dissapointed in my parents because they didn't tell me ahead of time. We were having fun, and suddenly the nurse started poking me. The little round ducky bandaids the nurse put on my thighs made me feel much better. Also, Dr. Quan said I was doing good otherwise; I am now over 23 inches tall and that I weigh more than 11 pounds. Most important, my head is a normal size!

Week nine also brought some new toys and some new skills. My mom and aunt bought me a shiny, plastic lion that hangs in my bouncy chair. I can reach out and give him a swat. Sometimes, he can be incredibly scary but I am now also able to talk to him and tell him who is boss. While most people don't seem to understand baby, you can do a lot with the vocabulary of "goo" and "eeh". I have also found that you can get just about anything you want by giggling and laughing.

My aunt Kelly also came over for lunch on Saturday. We had a grand time talking and catching up. I showed off how I can stand up (with a little help from my dad) and how quickly I can fill up my diaper. On Sunday, I also went to church and sat up in the choir loft. There was a women's college choir singing which was awesome. I am getting better at staying quiet for longer periods of time and even sitting in my chair alone for up to 45 minutes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, Benjamin, you cetainly are getting to be a big little guy. When you were born, you looked a lot like your Mommy, but I see alot more of your Daddy in you now. The Tigger bathrobe is very stylish; you may take after your Uncle Mark when it comes to fashion. Both he and your Aunt Lindsay attended a fashion school for college, so you should really look to them when it comes to dressing well!! Both Grandpa and I enjoy reading your blog each week and seeing your newest pictures. You're very funny and absolutely adorable. Keep up the good work, baby bear. Lots of love from the East Coast!! Love & Kisses, Granny Brendita xxoo