Every week of life in Long Beach seems to get better and better. I discovered the windchime outside the livingroom window, stayed with Jackson and Michele for the afternoon when my mom went back to work for the first time, and stared at Nate's sailboat mobile for hours. The most exciting thing, however, was that I started packing up my baby clothes for the first time because many of them are too small for a big guy like me.My parents are also getting a little better at taking care of babies. They are learning the tricks of the trade and giving me more bottles. Mostly, my dad spills them down my shirt collar. I get him back by spitting formula down his shirt collar when he tries to burp me. In the middle of the night, I also get him back by shooting him (and shooting the wall) when he tries to change my diaper. Life is good.
My mom works hard. When my dad went to Arizona for a business trip, my mom and I took the entire bed for ourselves. It was our first night alone but it went extremely well. Dad got home pretty late on Thursday night but we all took walks together on Friday and Saturday. I have discovered that I can reach out my hand to touch things now, which allows me to hang out alone in my chair for 45 minutes sometimes. I like the increased independence.
No comments:
Post a Comment