On Friday night, we met Ron and Karen in Pasadena for dinner and the St. Olaf Choir. Christopher and I didn't really know what to expect about the concert at First Methodist Church after a long week but dinner at the Stand was awesome, the church was really beautiful, and the 2.5 hours St. Olaf Choir concert was really memorable. Dad said that he thought we were the only kids in the church that night, but we watched the entire concert (even though it went until almost 10:00 pm), and didn't complain at all. Mom says we are starting to behave like normal people and that we can go more places!
This Sunday was also Christopher's performance at Bay Shore Church. Since I am now in 5th Grade, Dad and Mom said that I can choose whether to continue singing in the Children's Choir. I would be the oldest kid in the choir and have been in about 6 or more plays over the last few years, so as long as I am contributing to worship in some way it is up to me to choose how. Christopher, on the other hand, is feeling like they are making him do something that I don't have to do; but he is still doing a great job going to rehearsal on Sundays on his own.
Chris has also been taking a Science class about making slime on Wednesday mornings at Patrick Henry. This is one of the "Beyond the Bell" classes from the Foundation that Dad helped start. He is also practicing his ballet jumps, spins, and stretches every day and loves to watch the Olympics Figure Skating and Ice Dancing. Christopher is definitely our family artist!
No comments:
Post a Comment