Sunday, August 13, 2017

New York City! (week 552)









What a week! Dad finally arrived on Wednesday morning after a late City Council meeting and a red-eye flight to JFK, a train to Jamaica, and a Long Island Railroad ride to Ronkonkoma.  He was pretty tired by the time he arrived, but we did a lot in over the last five days: boating to Fire Island, swimming at Davis Park, eating lots of Bagels Your Way Crumb Cake and Premo Pizza, and taking a trip to the Big Apple!

Each year, we try to do something different in New York City that we haven't done or seen before.  This year, we stayed in Harlem for two nights, visited the Metropolitan Museum of Fine Art, walked the Brooklyn Bridge, road the Cyclone at Coney Island, and ate dinner at Ninja NYC.  We also walked High Line Park, saw the Hudson Yard construction project, Barclay Center, and visited with Ryan and Marlow in Brooklyn.  

It was a very busy 36 hours, but we had a great time with Cousin Nina, Aunt Leah, and Uncle Mark.  Every time I come NYC, I am amazed that there is something new and exciting to see that I haven't seen before. Dad says that we will never run out of things to see in New York, even if we visit something completely different every year.  I am starting to believe him.  The walk across Brooklyn Bridge and Coney Island were very impressive, very different, and better than I thought!

We returned to California on Monday, but on separate planes because we had free flights from miles we had earned.  Mom and Chris went on Jet Blue while dad and I went on American.  Even though we all had the same departure times, dad and I didn't leave until almost four hours later--and our trip (due to delays with the airplane) took twelve hours!  

Chris and I were sad that our New York vacation was over for another year, but it was good to get home.  We can't wait to go back in about 340 days!



No comments: