Monday, May 11, 2015

Happy Mothers Day Mama! (week 437)

Although mom was very busy this week teaching at Fullerton, doing professional development for TCM, taking me to multiple orthodontist appointments, working on the PTA Board, and doing everything else that she normally does for us; we tried to take some time on Sunday to say thank you and Happy Mothers Day!



We have the best mom in the world because she is fun but also makes us eat good food, get good sleep, and brush our teeth every day and night! It isn't always the thing that we want to hear, but we know that she loves us and it is the best for us to do all those things.  

To celebrate Mothers Day this year, we got tickets for our first Angels game of the baseball season against the first place Houston Astros.  Yes, believe it or not the Astros are in the American League West and also in first place.  On Sunday morning, we let mom sleep it and made her bagels, coffee, and let her read the newspaper. When she woke-up, she found a big Happy Mothers Day banner in the living room with flowers, messages, and other things Chris and I made for her during the week.  We also created an agenda for the day including tailgating at Angels Stadium, dinner choices, movies, and an early bed time (her favorite part of the day)!  She seemed to have a good time and even gave us our hard earned backscratch before bed.

On Saturday, we also had tryouts for the 2015 ELB Pinto All Star Team.  The rankings were already in, but we did a showcase at the field so that the coaches could see the top 36 out of 160 U8 players in one place.  I got the good news that I made the "A Team", which means I was picked in the top 13 of 160 players.  It was a great honor and I am very excited about getting to play the All Star season this summer.  Most of the other kids have been playing travel ball throughout the year while I was playing soccer and basketball, so they are really good and we should be very competitive this time around.

The other big news has been Christopher's glasses and my braces.  Mom and dad say that everybody gets something--ears, eyes, teeth--and have to wear something to fix them.  Chris has some cool glasses that he wears during the school day to correct one of his eyes which is weaker than the other eye.  I have some crazy spaces in my teeth, so they put in a metal contraption to spread apart my teeth and move them into the right space so that other teeth can come in.  Mom has to turn the key every day to push my teeth out a little bit at a time.  It is constantly aching. Since food can get caught it it, I have to do crazy brushing, and make crazy noises trying to clear it out.  I guess everyone has to go through this, so I will too!













No comments: