On the second of two 3-day weekends, and in honor of President's Day, we celebrated my 8th birthday. We were so busy that we didn't have time to do my birthday party for friends (that will come in three weeks), but we had multiple awesome family celebrations.
The first celebration was with Grandpa John and Great Grandma Betty. In fulfillment of Keisler tradition, Grandpa John picked up El Pollo Loco--chicken, tacos, fries, and of course churros--and we opened presents, cards, and the first baseball cards of the year. I got some great ones and Grandpa John gave me my first baseball card binder with plastic sheets to protect the cards.

The second celebration was with Grandma Paula, Grandpa Mike, and Aunt Kelly. Grandma Paula was in town for a Catholic Conference @ USC, so she stayed with us at night. She also brought new "stick-up bases" and a brand new home plate. It was super awesome and right up my alley. In fact, all of my grandparents, aunts and uncles, and godparents sent baseball stuff this year. I got new batting gloves, Angels banners, and new baseballs. Everyone must of known that I like baseball or someone must have put my wish list up on Amazon.com. On Sunday, we went to church, choir practice for "Oh Jonah", and Hof's Hut for my special birthday lunch with my grandparents and auntie. In the afternoon, we went bowling! It has been a long time since we have been bowling as a family. Daddy won both games, which included bumpers, but Mommy and I played neck-and-neck most of the way. We also got to eat crappy bowling alley food--nachos and hotdogs--before calling it an end to an awesome birthday weekend. Chris was a little sad that the weekend was all about me, but he was a good sport and is already plotting his November birthday celebration.

It was also busy week because it was Opening Day for ELB Baseball, and we had a playoff basketball game. Saturday morning, we all went to Heartwell for the kickoff of a new season of baseball. I am playing another year with the Red Sox and the Moodys, but as an 8 year old, I am one of the leaders of the team and Dad won't stop reminding me of my new roles and responsibilities. In fact, I am looking forward to it. After 6 months off, I had a rough start against the White Sox. They are chocked full of 8 year old all stars and since I haven't played a baseball game for 6 months everyone in my family was wondering what I would do out there. After walking the first three hitters on 13 pitches, I settled in and struck out the next 5. Luckily, I got out of the first two innings back on the mound with no hits, no runs, and no damage. We ended up tied 1-1 in the 6th inning but lost it 4-1 in the end. We were all just excited and happy to be back out there for another year of baseball.
In our basketball game, we started the playoffs with a win. This was more wins than the entire season last year so I considered it a success that we made it that far!
No comments:
Post a Comment