Sunday, September 7, 2014

First Day of School! (week 402)

The reality of Summer Vacation--that at some point it comes to a close--came crashing down on Chris and I on Wednesday, September 3rd.  After an awesome Summer of travel, movies, camping, ice cream, baseball games, Minecraft, staying-up late and sleeping-in, we faced the rude awakening that is the first day of school.  

I am now in the 2nd Grade at Patrick Henry while Christopher started Transitional Kindergarten "TK" at Burcham Elementary School.  Whereas my school day starts at 9:00 am, Chris and Maddie have to be at Burcham by 8:00 am!  Talk about a shock to the system.  Chris is definitely not the early riser in the family and just about the slowest eater on the planet, so it is making schooldays just a little bit crazy in the Keisler household as everyone adjusts their schedules accordingly.

Christopher was a little more suspicious of Ms. Mendez, his TK teacher at Burcham.  She seems to know what she is doing and had the parents do a scavenger hunt game with their students for the first 30 minutes of the day so that they would get familiar with the room and the room rules.  While Dad did the game with Christopher, Mom took me over to Patrick Henry to make sure that I made it in time.


The first day of school was pretty awesome for me.  I got a bunch of my best friends in Sr. Dahlenbach's class.  John, Dominic, Nathan, and more of my best friends from 1st Grade; I couldn't have asked for more except to get Jackson in my class as well.  I like my teacher and I like my draft of kids in the class.  All in all, it was a pretty good start to a new year of school.

This weekend, Dad had to go on a trip to Philadelphia for his friend Matt Holmes's wedding.  We dropped him off at the airport for the red-eye flight to Philadelphia so that he could dress up in a suit and stand next to Holmes at the church.  He got to see a bunch of his old friends from college and said that they had a good time catching-up. I am not sure what that means but I don't think it was about chasing each other on the track.  We picked him up again on Sunday night when he landed.  He looked tired so catching-up must have been hard!




No comments: