The big event of the week was the Huston Family Reunion at Grandma Paula's house. Over 45 relatives from Grandpa Mike's family came from all over--Iowa, Seattle, Orange County--to reunite and have fun. People stayed in RVs, hotels, and even in the barn. We made ice cream, drank lots of lemonade, and played all kinds of games (from castle battles to church services). We had a great time getting to know some of our cousins who we rarely see, and the parents had a great time making us take lots of pictures. My favorite was to lure the dogs (Sam and Buddy) into the tree house using something delicious like bacon, and hold them captive as our prisoners.
Also, we got to stay with Grandpa John and Grammy, and feed the lizards that live in the backyard garden. Grandpa John has lizard food (meal worms) that the lizards like to eat right out of your hand. They will even walk up your arm to get the food! We were sad to leave Grandpa John's, but we were also sad to leave Grandma Paula's too, but we had to beat the Summer traffic that is now piling-up along the coast.
Although team baseball is over, this week I attended the annual Summer Dirtbag Camp at Cal State Long Beach. I say Cal State Long Beach because they have been talking about "re-branding" the School Long Beach State recently, and it may be the last Summer that we use the name CSULB. This was my 4th season of Dirtbag Camp and the best yet. It is hard to believe that I stated camp when I was just 3.5 years old. Mommy had to stay at the field for most of camp back then and the coaches had to help me eat my lunch. Now, I am a seasoned veteran. I don't cry or complain about having to go to camp, I know most of the coaches and players, and I have my own routine including my lunch: cheese and crackers, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and of course the Otter Pops and Gatorade that we buy every day during snack time.
On Friday, the coaches selected the "Dirtbag of the Week". I had received the Hustle Award when I was little, but the Dirtbag of the Week Award was something that always shoot for. This year, I won the award and got 35 signed cards from Dirtbag players--some of which who are now in the pros!


No comments:
Post a Comment