Monday, June 16, 2014

Happy Father's Day! (week 391)





















It was the end of the 1st Grade this week for me, and the beginning of Summer Vacation for us all. Since Mom and Dad had to go to a conference in Las Vegas, I got to stay with Nate for two nights.  It was an awesome time swimming, playing Minecraft and going to the batting cages.  Actually, Grandma Paula came down to stay with Chris and I for the first day, but we all headed different directions after school came to a close.  It was certainly bitter sweet.  I brought my teacher Sra. Flores some flowers and a card to show my appreciation, but had to be asked to actually look her in the eye, say thank you and hand them over.

For  Father's Day this year, we had four generations of Keislers over at the house. Christopher had been up at Grandma Paula's for a few days when Mom and Dad were out of town on their trip, so Grandpa John and Grammy brought him back late Saturday night.  First, we got the back yard in shape.  I have the chores of cleaning the back patio and raking up the leaves from the Rubber Tree.  Chris has to do the playroom and the vacuuming.  Next, we had a semi-final tournament game over at St. Hedwigs. We ended-up beating Newport Harbor by the mercy rule and I got a double (almost over the fence) to knock-in two runs. Finally, we all finished-up at our house to celebrate Father's Day with barbecued chicken, fresh corn, and strawberry shortcake.  Chris helped Great Grandma Betty to shuck the corn, while Grandpa John and I played Cornhole.  

No comments: