Sunday, July 28, 2013

Beach Days (week 345)



For the first week this Summer, there were no vacations, trips, camps, or Bible School Camps.  Chris and I stayed home with Mommy, or at least spent the entire week around Long Beach going to the Aquarium, the Library, the Bowling Alley, and the beach.  Although I know that we combined to drive Mommy up the wall, it was kind of nice to re-establish ourselves around town.  The weather was a warm 75 degrees and sunny almost every day.  And while Daddy was at work most of the time, we got to live the Southern California Summer beach life.

To give the mommies some free time on Saturday, Daddy, Chris and I went to Hara's Lawnmower Center to check out the newest lawn mowers and get our own McLane fixed.  Daddy hit a bolt or metal rock last week with Great-Grandpa Bob's old mower and bent the blade.  We just had the McLane tuned-up, sharpened and repaired a month ago, so we were a bit dissapointed to have to throw it in the back of the truck and have it fixed again.

Afterwards, because we got our haircuts, we went to Marina's Donut Shop and picked out donuts with vanilla frosting and rainbow sprinkles.  Marina even gave us extra donut holes as a bonus.  We met Doug, Jackson and Emma at Mother's Beach where they were having the Dragon Boat Races in Marina Stadium.  It was packed with people but we got to play on the playground, climb rocks, dig a giant pool, and swim for a while.  Christopher jumped into the pool and cracked his forehead on mine.  I didn't have any marks but he got a giant goose egg right between the eyes and the Lifeguard had to bring us an ice pack and a band aid.  He slept all the way home--as he is known to do.

In the afternoon--when Mommy got back from her Tuperwear Party--we all went to the Annual Celebration of Dave Party--at Michelle and Sophia's house.  It is the best because they have all of Dave's favorite things--pizza, bounce house, 80's music, beer, and a King Cone Ice Cream Truck!  We had an awesome time, eating vanilla ice cream cones caked with rainbow sprinkles (sound familiar), but left with stomach aches.  By the time we got home, everyone was asleep again.


This week also marked the beginning of soccer season with the Cerritos Strikers club team.  We put all of our baseball stuff away in the closet and took out our new cleats, shinguards and Futsal shoes.  We practiced three days this week and have a big scrimmage in South Bay Sunday morning.  I told my Dad that I think that I want to be on both the Angels and the Galaxy part time when I grow up.

No comments: