Tuesday, May 7, 2013

All Star Weekend (week 333)




Congratulations to Mommy for finishing the Beach Cities Marathon circuit on Sunday in record time! Over the past three years, Mommy has been running with her friends Michelle and Steffi early in the morning and on weekends.  This Sunday, she finished the Newport Beach/Orange County half-marathon in under 2 hours (140th out of her age group), to wrap-up the third of three beach city races that included Long Beach, Huntington Beach, and Newport Beach.  When she finished, she got a huge medal  that proves she crossed the finish line in all three races.  Christopher, Daddy and I were very proud of her and celebrated by taking her to Angels Stadium to see my friends Big Rock and Mike Trout.

This was also a big weekend for me since I had a soccer game and All Star baseball try-outs for the U6 Shetland boys, East Long Beach Pony baseball league.  In all, up to four players were nominated from each of the 13 teams in the league to try-out in the morning.  We had to race from our soccer game and change in the parking lot, but I finished in the top 24 of about 50 players and was invited back for the afternoon scrimmage.  Daddy said I played really well in the morning during the skill drills and ranked high.  I hit all six pitches off the machine, fielded all five balls, and hit first base with every throw.  I also threw the ball the farthest in the distance drill, but after 2 Gatorades, one rootbeer, a trip to Angels Stadium, a soccer game, and a morning try-out, I had a hard time with the afternoon scrimmage.  We don't know for sure, but we don't think that I made the final cut of 13 players this year.  It was a good experience and I was the only Pirate that represented my team at the tryouts.  Daddy says that we have to go back to the drawing board and practice!


No comments: