Saturday, April 6, 2013

Welcome Eddie (week 329)

Daddy came home from work on Thursday with a fuzzy surprise named Eddie Kaiser.  Eddie is a soft, brown and white guinea pig that needed a home for the weekend because his family was going camping.  At first, Eddie was a little scared of the new house and the new smells, but since Mommy had a guinea pig named Brownie when she was a kid, she knew just what to do to make him feel comfortable.  Eddie sleeps in our bedroom and eats alfalfa hay, little brown vitamin  pellets, and seed treats.  He also likes to chew on his salt lick and his wooden sticks to sharpen his teeth.  Christopher and I both love to have him sit on our laps on the couch...and if you tickle him in the right spot, he will make little squeaks at you.  We are both very gentle with Eddie and think that he should stay longer.  From what we hear, his family may be looking for a new loving home for him but Daddy says we only have 250 square feet per person at our house and that our bedroom already smells like a hamster cage.  We love Eddie and hope that he comes back again soon.


This week was Spring Break from Patrick Henry, so the Hubers and us went out to Palm Spring for two days and a night to swim in the pools.  The Dads didn't come because they still had to work--something called budget development deadlines--but we hung out in the big pools all day with all the other crazy kids on Spring Break.  The hotel was packed!  We played ball, Marco Polo, and got to go to a Mexican restaurant.  The best part was that both Chris and I got to sleep in the same bed as Mommy.  She says that we kicked, yelled, and even tried to get on top of the dresser in the middle of the night.  Needless to say, she likes sharing a room with Daddy more than sharing a room with us, but we had an awesome time.

I started Striker club soccer this week as well.  We are playing Futsal for the first few months while the outdoor season gets going.  The team that I am on now--Under 8--is filled with bigger kids since I am still a young 6, and with kids that are super serious about soccer.  I used to be the best on my team when I played with the Geckos, but I am learning that there is a whole new level of everything out there and suddenly confused about the drills, the skills, and the amount of practice it takes to compete.  There were some drills this week at soccer practice that I just stood there and watched because I was so confused!  That never happened to me before, but these guys are good.




No comments: