Sunday, April 1, 2012

Stylin' (week 276)

Recently, I have noticed a lot more about what the cooler, older kids on my baseball team are wearing and how they do their hair. For the first time, I actually care and have been spending time in the bathroom in front of the mirror styling my hair into various forms of spikes and Mohawks. I even wore my hair in a Mohawk to school the other day and got mixed results from my classmates. Some thought it was the coolest while others were just cool to it. What I realized about myself was, essentially, that I do not like attention. Some people do their hair and clothes in crazy ways to get other people to look at them. I am not one of those kinds of people. I decided not to wear my hair like that to school the next day, and to only style it for when I was playing in the backyard or when I was going to play baseball (with a hat on my head).

Christopher has also been into styling this week, but his major interest is in painting (both pictures of Mickey Mouse and painting his own face). He loves to wear his purple apron with a green frog on the front and sit outside at his miniature picnic table. He paints alone. He is focused, and can go for almost an hour without getting-up for a break. Right now he is working in water colors but has mastered both card stock and stained glass mediums.

No comments: