Sunday, March 18, 2012

Two Peas in a Pod (week 274)

Chris is definitely on the verge of becoming a playmate. The challenge is that he wants to play some of the same stuff that I do, but he wants to do it on his own...or at least on his own terms. Not only has he shown an interest in hitting the baseball, but he is also a lot more into drawing with Daddy and I, riding scooters together, coming his hair, and brushing his teeth when I do. At two, he is a crazy man--throwing tantrums and crying about everything--but there is a lot that I can see we will be able to do together very soon.

Something else we like to do in the morning is to steal Mommy's iPhone and watch movies in Christopher's crib before anybody notices we are awake. I can climb into his crib but he can't climb out. This makes for a warm and cozy way to watch a movie together. Usually we watch old footage of ourselves on the camera roll, but I also know how to access Netflix and watch Shaun the Sheep or Timmy Time. Chris mainly just likes to be close.

This weekend, Daddy also went to his USC reunion with friends. I am not sure what they do at a reunion, but he definitely came home much more tired than when he left. He said they mostly stay-up too late and don't get enough exercise. Recently, we have actually been sleeping through the night which is amazing. I am known for falling asleep in about 30 seconds, but Christopher is the one who lays in his crib for about 30 minutes talking to himself, to "his baby" (a glow worm), and singing. I think that sleep between the ages of two and three was hard for me too.

No comments: