Although he is clearly not potty trained, Christopher decided this week that 2012 will be the year that diapers become a thing of the past for the Keisler family. In a dramatic step in that direction, Christopher and mama went to the store and picked out his first pack of Thomas the Train toddler boys briefs. For the most part, he paraded them around the house and made a couple attempts at the miniature potty that has been stored in the garage for the past two years. Mostly, he just ran to the bathroom and sat on the potty for a few minutes before returning to his Playdoh factory; but, he has yet to produce any evidence that diapers will be obsolete any time soon. No accidents yet, but no indication that diapers will be unnecessary.
The Nintendo Wii is the primary focus of my life now. From the moment that I wake-up in the morning to the moments before I go to bed, there is a running argument with my parents about when I will get to play Wii bowling, baseball, boxing, dancing, or golf. There are a few rules to help create some balance in my life. For instance, I can't play Wii until I am dressed (with shoes on) and I have eaten something for breakfast. Also, I am only supposed to play for 20 minutes at a time (which is measured by the countdown clock on the Kindle Fire placed prominently on the mantle). Another amendment to the Wii Constitution states that I cannot play before bed because my brain can't wind down and I spend mos of the night yelling at the game in my sleep.
Yet, as with most rules it is almost impossible to enforce and I find other ways to get a hold of daddy's iPhone and play Angry Birds, or one parent is at the gym...I've made the case that it is easier for everyone if I am focused on my Cee Lo Green dance moves on Wii Dance 3. In addition to Christopher's new underwear, the first week of 2012 brought a lot of changes to the Keisler household with regard to technology, and it is already starting to show both its costs and its benefits.
No comments:
Post a Comment