Monday, December 27, 2010

Merry Christmas! (week 200)

Santa came to the Keisler house! On Christmas Eve, we went to church at Bayshore with Grandma Dubby to sign Christmas songs and light our candles. This is one of my favorite things to do--combining church, the organ, and fire into one big event. Christopher also got very excited when the candles were lit and cheered during Silent Night. After church, the whole family came-over for dinner and we put-out milk and cookies for Santa Clause.

Surprisingly, I went to sleep pretty quickly and slept (for the most part), through the night. When we got-up in the morning at a reasonable time the cookies were gone and there were two huge red bags with Benjamin and Christopher written on the sides. Santa had eaten our cookies, filled our stockings, and left us with a bunch of great presents!

Overall, it was a good haul. I got the stacked race car set that I had asked for and a racetrack with little motorcycles. Chris was pretty pumped-up with the whole thing and really locked-in on the red and blue shiny bows. While he didn't open all his presents at once, he generally liked to open something and play with it. On the other hand, I tore-open everything as if it was a competition and even tore-into gifts that weren't mine. One of my other favorites was a pitching machine from my Godparents Zak and Kate. The only disappointment was that I didn't get the air hockey table that I had asked for. In fact, it was the only thing on Christmas Day that I kept asking about, but Dada said Santa Clause would probably set it aside for my birthday in two months.

This was the first year that we had Christmas at our house with other people over. Last year, we stayed home because Christopher was only a month old but didn't have anyone else over. It was great having all my aunts and uncles, grandparents and extended family come over for the dinners, lunches, and events. We had every kind of food: seafood, ham, lamb, and chicken to start; and Mama cooked enough to feed an army. It was very festive and very fun. I can't wait until next year.

No comments: