These days, if you are looking for Christopher he is probably raiding the refrigerator. Every time someone opens the fridge door, he hears it and begins crawling toward the kitchen. He never met a snack he didn't like. In this picture, we actually caught him climbing into the fridge--full body--pulling out snacks and dropping them on the floor.It has been a rough couple weeks for Chsristopher because he is getting four new teeth to add to the five he already sports. At eleven months, it looks like he is going to have a full mouth of teeth before he turns one. We think this is also attributed to his love for eating, and his desire to expand the breadth of foods that he can enjoy. While I still remain picky in my food choices--sticking with cheese sticks, pancakes, and yogurt--Chris will eat lentils, pears, and cous cous at the drop of a hat.
In the past week, we have seen a lot of rain in Long Beach. It is good for the baby grass, because dada and I have been working hard to get it growing. After weeks of nothing emerging from the ground, the cool wet weather was the perfect thing to inspire the grass to finally poke its way through. We have also been playing a lot of football in the wet weather. I have been setting-up football fields in the backyard with all the cones, poles, and flags that I can find.My drawings are getting better and better. I discovered the ability to trace pictures on the backside of the paper, and it has really helped my drawing skills. We are drawing a lot of ghosts, bats, and pumpkins right now as we get ready for Halloween. Of course, we also convinced mama to take us back to the Pumpkin Patch this week. Christopher got to play in the hay, and I got to drive my own miniature boat.
Uncle Mark visited briefly last week. It was just a few hours in the afternoon before he had to jump a flight back to New York, but we got a lot of baseball in the short window. When he picked me up from school he said: "Ready to play some baseball?". I answered: "I am ready to play a lot of baseball". He thought that was really funny. Nathan's little sister Maddie also had a birthday this past weekend which was great. Although the party was for the babies (one-year-olds), all the older brothers got to eat pizza and jump in the bounce house. It works out well that all of us have younger siblings. This means that now we get together twice a year for parties!
No comments:
Post a Comment