Monday, July 12, 2010

Big Brother Ben (week 176)

Golf is definitely my new favorite game. Dada and I like to go over to the Heartwell Golf Course to pitch-and-putt. Usually, we just roll the ball in the hole by hand...but this time we got to use Aiden's putter and clubs to hit some balls at the driving range. I was definitely the little guy out there at (3) years old, but I couldn't get enough of it. Dada says that we can take some money out of my bank to buy my own set of clubs. Our goal is to hit the course at least once a week together.

This week I also set an all-time (7) day record for time outs. Since I had a doctor's appointment to look at my x-rays and adnoids, and school was canceled on Wednesday...I spent a lot of time at home with Mama. I think that we sort of wore each other out because I found myself sitting in the time out chair more than often. I also continue to wake-up 4-5 times a night (until about 3:00 AM); and continue to wake-up Christopher who then thinks he needs bottles every (3.5) hours. These days, I am terrified of the shadows, the moon, and just about everything else that you can think of at night.

I love horse-racing! Well actually, I love the horse racing track and to see the wiener dogs race with their little sweatshirts on. This weekend, the entire Keisler family put-on their khaki pants and went to the Wiener Nationals at the Los Alamitos Race Track. It was a packed house. I got to eat a hot dog and drink a coke in the stands, and watch the dog and horse races. I can't wait to go back on a day when it isn't so crowded...it was standing room only!

Too bad for Holland! On Sunday afternoon, we all went to the Van Rozebooms for the World Cup Final between Spain and Hollands. We all wore orange shirts and ate pizza outside while the game was on. Since Christopher and I love the bacuzzi so much,

Project Little Brother (week 31)
Christopher is almost crawling! Mama says that by the time that we leave for New York in August, Christopher will be crawling. For a while now, he has been motoring backwards and spinning in circles; but his new move is to get up on all fours and rock back-and-forth. This gives him a great charge. I am not sure when I started crawling, but from the blog I am pretty sure it was about the same time. He is also sitting-up like a champ. Sometimes, he will sit-up in the living room for almost an hour at a time playing with toys and banging things together. When we take a bath now, we both sit-up in the tub (although he is in his blue plastic chair), and he gets to splash as much as he wants.

Christopher is also a huge fan of the bacuzzi and seems to to love the water in general--the bathtub, pool, or bacuzzi works for him. Although he is a prolific splasher and likes to get into with anyone who will play.

Words of the Week

Golf and Bacuzzi:
golf is a game that involves grass, and rolling balls into a small round hole. It may just be my new favorite game; better than going to the movies or even eating popcorn. The bacuzzi is the hot-tub that bubbles and fizzes. Since it is not as deep, I love hanging out in the bacuzzi.

No comments: