Life continues to move along at a rapid clip with many ups and downs. Dada says that this (nearly three-and-a-half-years-old) has been by far, the most difficult phase of my life. I think it is going pretty well, but dada says it is increasingly difficult for those around me. For example, I can't play with my friends without crying or getting into a fight; and I throw a lot of tantrums. For many years, I was known as the well-behaved kid at the store or church. These days my parents seem to be accepting that all kids go through phases no matter how good or bad the parenting may be.
So what else am I doing during these formative years? Sleeping is definitely my biggest challenge. Typically, I go to bed around 7:30 PM or 8:00 PM and wake-up anywhere from 4-5 times before 1:30 AM. Usually this involves crying and yelling; sometimes claiming there are shadows or bugs; and often coughing until everyone in the house is awake. About once a month, this also involves throwing-up. This is probably not helping my behavior during the day either...and has really made my napping schedule uneven. Next week I go to the doctor to see if there is something we can do about it.
On the other hand, I have become a better eater...good, but not great. Dada says it is because I started eating my Juice Plus gummies each morning and night. Whatever it is, I began eating more than Trader Joe's vanilla yogurt cups and macaroni about (6) weeks ago, and have since put on more weight from all the "chicken on the bone", meat, and fruit. I can't get enough strawberries. I still refuse vegetables, but have started picking and eating tomatoes from mama's garden which is a step in the right direction.
For free time, dada and I still play a lot of baseball, drawing stadiums on my magna doodle, and I have even begun to write my name. Letters and numbers are pretty easy for me to identify but spelling is a little far off. Usually, I help mama and dada water...as do all three-year-olds and like to mow the lawn when I get a chance.
Coming up, only one more week until we get to go to Summerdale! Grandpa John and I are going to fish, throw rocks, and make campfires. And this year, even though Christopher will probably sleep in the cabin, I fully intend to sleep in the tent with dada (and not scream-out every 45 minutes through the night).
Project Little Brother (Week 29)
Christopher is a jumping fool. Generally, he will get into his bouncing chair around 7:00 AM each morning and spend much of the day either spinning in circles on his belly, eating stuffed animals, or jumping in his exer-saucer. His thighs have grown increasingly powerful, to the point that they got stuck between the bars in his crib on Thursday and mama spent over 20 minutes trying to extract him. Last week, he adapted a new move whereby he leans back in his chair and bounces very casually. He gets a kick out of this move, and continues to be the happiest baby we know.
Word of the Week
Christ: nickname for baby Christopher...pronounced with a short "i", and not to be confused with our Savior Jesus Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment