I am writing you from a Catholic Church this morning where I am attending as a guest of my Ama P and Ampa Mike. In fact, I woke-up a little early because I thought I heard some action downstairs. The Keislers were going to pack-up and leave for Long Beach today, but I overheard my Ama P mention church and that got me fired-up. Church is probably the most awesome place there is to spend a morning; but it is a secret that I don't want to get out. If the other babies found out about all the free pencils, benches to climb-on, singing and grape juice, the place would be overun by excited babies and out-of-control kids. So I grabbed the crosses off my Ama P's bureau and we headed off to churh in the grandparent's fuel-efficient car.
This week was tons of fun. First, I gave my dad and mom my cold. The doctor said that it was probably "viral bronchitus". I am not really sure how you spell that but he said I didn't need any medicine. I think the germs were walking from house to house on our block because Matthew and Aiden also went down for the count just before it arrived at our front door. My dad crashed on Saturday night after going to the USC vs Cal football game and slept for two days straight. It took about a week for everyone to heal but it was a great bonding experience.
On Wednesday, we piled into the Volvo and headed-up the coast to San Luis Obispo. My dad says that everything that is good in the world started in California and that everything that is good in California began is San Luis Obispo. I guess Little Einstein's must have started in San Luis Obispo County because my grandparents and I went to Morro Bay to look at the wawa and the boats...and we saw the Little Einstein's Red Rocket!
My mom and dad had to leave for a long meeting in Monterey they called a conference...so they dropped me off at Ama and Ampa's house to help feed the chickens and make sure that the clock was chiming at the right times throughout the day. When they got back on Saturday from their meetings, they looked a lot healthier and happier to see me. I think that these conferences are good for them and gave me a chance to bond with my grandparents. It also gave me a chance to check-out the property, walk the trails and come to terms with the big black dogs: Charlie and Sam. I am still trying to work-out the "h" that seems to stick between the "s" and the "i" in my pronunciation of the word "sit".
After church today, we are probably going to go up to SLO to see my Ama Becca who just got out of surgery on her knee. I am not really sure what that means but my dad says she has stitches on her knee like the ones I have over my eye...only bigger. I know that she is always happy to see me so I am going to give her a quick hug and a kiss before heading back down to Long Beach. There are probably a lot of leaves that have fallen on the lawn...so I have plenty of work to do down there.
Word of the Week:
No-kay: a combination of the words "no" and "okay" that means something is "not okay". Can be used as a noun, verb or adjective depending on the context. Usually requires the interpretation of a parent and to immediately cease whatever activity is being attempted.
No comments:
Post a Comment