I enjoy eating my lunch outdoors these days. It is good for the mind, the body and the soul...plus everything just tastes better somehow when it feels like a picnic. I am now officially over 19 months old and feeling pretty good about life. My mom counted-up my words the other day and I have exceeded 60 words in my vocabulary. Of course, I don't use every word, every day...but with all the different combinations, the opportunities are limitless. My favorite? Still "mama" of course.
This weekend, I spent a lot of time with my dad outside working on our jump-shots and cleaning-up the yard. We laid a bunch of manure over the grass to add nutrients to the lawn. My mom says that we have the stinkiest house on the block. My dad says that it reminds him of Iowa in the summer time. I guess we fit right in because they used to call Long Beach "Iowa by the sea" back when all the mid-westerners settled in Southern California after the war.We also spent time together at the park. There were hundreds of other kids playing soccer on fields and goals; big and small. My dad says that I will get to start playing on a team sometime next year. I am already getting pretty good at kicking anything and everything that is left laying around. Hopefully, I'll get put on a good team like my dad got to play on when he was a kid.
On Saturday evening, we all went over to my friend Jackson's house for dinner. We had so much fun running around the house and the yard. One of my favorite things to do at Jackson's is to re-arrange all the magnets on his fridge. We stayed so late that I had to have my bath there and set-up my pack-and-play for a few hours to get some sleep while my parents hung out and talked.Sunday, we went shopping at the Farmer's Market in the Shore. My mom said that we were going to get a pumpkin for Halloween but the pumpkin patch was still closed until next week. To make up for it, we all went to In N Out for hamburgers and fries. I included a picture of me playing with the stickers. I don't know where they were supposed to go but they all ended up on my face!
No comments:
Post a Comment