Sunday, February 3, 2008

Tales from the Crib (Week 48)



They say that it is good for babies to get exposed to germs so that they can build up their immune systems. I guess that I am doing a good job building up my immune system because I have been sick for the past three weeks with three different germs. It hasn't been easy (waking up a lot and waking up my parents every 30 minutes), but I am definitely checking the possible ailments off the list. Scratch-off the baby hand/foot/mouth, the 104.7 degree fevers, and the pneumonia...and I am getting closer to becoming a super-baby, resistant to all the possibilities.

In addition to my first Super Bowl, I also got my first X-Ray and my first dose of steroids. Actually the steroids were for my bronchial tubes and I inhaled them through a steam-machine, but they opened up the pipes and helped me to sleep easier. I don't know if they will enhance my performance in any way, but I want to be sure that they don't get me into any trouble. To play it safe, I am not going to enter any jumping contests for the next few months.

During the Super Bowl, I ate my first submarine sandwich. My parents tried to get me to eat my baby food but stepped-up and ate the big sandwich...at least a corner of it. I also started eating waffles this week for breakfast and refusing to eat many of the things that I have always eaten for lunch and dinner. Instead of eating, I now stick out my tongue and spit to express my disapproval. Some say that I have lost some weight and am even more of a skinny-mini.

The other neat thing that I learned to do this week is to play music on my piano. There is a little yellow button on the keyboard that you can push to play popular songs. I figured out that you can push it over and over again and it will play the songs (over and over again). I am definitely getting better at remembering how to do things and practicing them over and over. This includes my favorite word, which is still "hi"...

No comments: