Monday, November 26, 2007

Tales from the Crib (Week 38)

I have so many things to be thankful for. First, I am thankful for my new ability to walk (which I am getting really good at). Second, I am thankful for my family who feed and take care of me (especialy my grandmas who spoil me with kisses and presents). Finally, I am thankful for my first taste of turkey and mashed potatoes! What a week this has been for my first California Thanksgiving.

We spent the week in Arroyo Grande for the holiday and also to celebrate the life of my Great Grandma Mary. Last Wednesday, we had the memorial service for her. She was an incredible woman who raised five boys like me. She survived many challenges, including taking care of her boys during World War II on her own because my Great Grandpa Bud had to go away to serve our country. The whole family was there and I got to meet a number of my relatives for the first time.

Next, I got to spend some quality time with Cousin Eli. There is a lot for him to learn about the world so he is lucky that he has me to help him out. We played with the magazines on the coffee table; shared toys; and, walked around the ranch looking at the chickens and the dogs. We also took a long walk to Avila Beach to have lunch and to see the ocean. Eli had never seen the ocean so Aunt Andrea and Uncle Josh put his feet in the water.

My first Thanksgiving meal was a good one. We ate outside to enjoy the weather in the afternoon. There were probably about 25-30 family members there from my Keisler, Dahl, Steuck and Huston relatives. I had a new bib on with turkey feet and buttons on it. The turkey was tasty but it made me tired almost immediately. For some reason, since Thanksgiving I have also been waking up every night around 1:00 AM and walking around in my crib. While I am still struggling to stand on my own, I am pretty good at pulling myself up on things (falling down) and moving around when there are hands there to help. I have included some pictures this week of one of my long walks. My mom and dad say that I will be walking on my own by Christmas time.

No comments: