The Summer Camps continued this week with the annual trip to CSULB for Dirtbag Baseball Camp. This year, we mixed it up as 8-year-olds with the older kids and finally moved over to the other field that we had been spying on over the first four years of camp. Mommy realized that this was my 5th year in a row at Dirtbag Camp, which means I originally attended as a 4 year old! In traditional fashion, I gave it everything that I had and was recognized as the Dirtbag of the Week--the highest honor to bestow on a camper!
Christopher stayed home with Mom this week and hung out with his buddies. We went to the beach, swam at the Huber's pool, and had dinners at other people's houses. Dad had to work all week, and had a bunch of night meetings, so we played the neighborhood circuit and enjoyed our long Summer nights. We went to the band concert in Del Valle Park (Lakewood) on Thursday night where they had a rock band playing, and I got to spend the night at Kyle's house before the last day of camp.
This week was also the 5th Anniversary Memorial of my dad Dave Wodynski's passing. Every year, Dave's wife Michelle and daughter Sophia put on a big Summer Memorial Party with all of Dave's favorites: pizza, Budweiser, and the King Cone Ice Cream Truck. We also have a tradition of wearing crazy wigs, mustaches, and costumes. We have fun every year but miss Dave!
No comments:
Post a Comment