At Patrick Henry, I have started participating in the "Century Club". This is a club of kids and parents that meet every morning around 8:00 am to run a 1/6th mile track on the playground. For each lap that we complete, we get a mark on our card that hangs around our neck during the run. The goal is to run 100 miles by the end of the year but I expect to get it done before that. Jackson and Nathan also run, so we have motivation surrounding us. There has been at least one report of cheating from the 4th Grade. We 1st Graders did not even think to bring our own pen to mark our cards ourselves...the big difference between 4th Grade and 1st Grade brains. The girl overdid it though and marked off about 50 miles in just this first month. Maybe 4th Grade brains aren't so advanced after all. So far, I have passed the 6 mile mark and don't see any thing that should stop me from making 100!
For Daddy's birthday, Christopher and I made beautiful pink cards out of construction paper. I would have taken a picture and posted it, but Daddy was so excited about the cards that he hung them in his office at work. My picture was of Yosemite Valley, with Half Dome and the peaks behind it looming over the green meadow and blue Merced River. I was pretty proud of it. Christopher put equal effort into his card, but I no one is exactly sure what his picture represents. Forever though, Daddy's birthday will be remembered by the "Great Pea Incident", which resulted in no birthday cake for anyone; and the John Mayer concert at the Hollywood Bowl on Saturday night.
No comments:
Post a Comment