
For the 3rd year in my short baseball career, I attended the Dirtbag Baseball Camp at CSULB. It is one of my favorite weeks of the Summer each year because we get to play, eat sunflower seeds, and drink Gatorade with the players with the college baseball team from CSULB--the Dirtbags--at their practice facility on the campus. The grass is so green, flat, and well kept like it is at Angels Stadium. This year, I attended two weeks of camp to give Mommy a break during the day. We have games and competitions, which I won most of the days. I got a bunch of signed baseball cards from Dirtbags that have made the Major Leagues. At the end of the second week, I was given the Dirtbag Award for best camper and Nathan got the Most Improved Award, which was pretty awesome. Christopher also attended Vacation Bible School at St. Luke's which he thinks is awesome. They sing songs about super hero powers and stuff that I used to think was cool.
In the evenings, my East Long Beach U6 All Star Team, was also competing in the District Championships in Wilmington. We ended up losing in the District Finals to Los Alamitos after taking an 8-2 lead in the second inning. Our bats just went cold and we couldn't score. In the three games, I hit safely in all 7 at bats. I went 5 for 5 with two bases on errors, but couldn't help our team when we lost 10-9 in extra innings to Los Alamitos--a team that we beat three times in a row over the previous month and a half. In the end, we were still given an automatic bid to the World Series for the Southwest District because we beat Torrance American 22-20 the night before and they were sent on to the Regionals to try to earn their way back to the big dance.
Daddy also went to South Lake Tahoe for his good friend Carl's Wedding Party. Mommy had to take care of us for the weekend, but was happy that everyone came home safe. On to the World Series!
No comments:
Post a Comment