Sunday, January 6, 2013

Happy New Year 2013! (week 316)

Five, four, three, two, one...Happy New Year!  Although it is a new year, my obsession with Times Square, the countdown, ball drop, and fireworks has not changed at all.  For the past week, Chris and I have been watching re-runs of the Times Square festivities and re-creating the experience with a whiffle ball, an iPhone, and a countdown clock on Christopher's Leap Pad.  We spent this--my sixth--New Years Eve at Jackson's house with about 10 kids and an equal number of adults.  We had a great time toasting Martinelli's Apple Cider, playing Wipeout and Just Dance on the Wii, and watching the concerts in Times Square on TV.

This week, we also got a new garage door.  Although there is still something wrong with it...we were able to get it done because of all the generous Christmas gifts from our grandparents and it is a step in the right direction.  I am really excited about fixing the garage so that we can set-up all of our games, speakers, arts and crafts, and other productions out there.  

Christopher had to go back to school after the New Year and I attended the Mr. Baseball Camp at Heartwell Park.  Chris was a little more than mad that he had to go to school while I got to go to camp with Nathan, but he forgave us because he got a new set of 30 whiffle balls to hit in the backyard.  He has been showing some encouraging signs of interest in baseball and says that he wants to play.  He even wore his Angel's uniform to St. Lukes on day although it didn't help his behavior any.  He and I got into major trouble at the library.  We were so naughty that the librarian had to talk to us and Mommy had to take us home.  There was no Wii or any other games for the next 24 hours.

Daddy and Auntie Kelly had to go back up to Grandma Paula's house to attend the memorial services for Great Grandma Dahl this week.  They said it was a really good memorial and ceremony with lots of family.  We didn't go with Daddy this time but we did help him out when he got back because he had to have his surgery on Friday.  We tried to be on our best behavior because he was stuck in the house all weekend.  I am not sure what surgery is all about but I know that it involves a doctor, some shots, and that we are not going to have any more little brothers or sisters.  Also, daddy didn't mow any of the lawns this week and spent a lot of time on ice.


No comments: