Sunday, December 9, 2012

Santa Clause is Coming to Town (week 312)

I had responsibility for Osito this week, so we took him to see Santa Clause at the South Coast Plaza Mall. Osito is our classroom bear.  Each night, someone from Senora Quintero's class gets to take him home to see their house and meet their family.  He has a backpack with clothes, a toothbrush, and even pajamas to wear at night.  Osito is a very big deal in my kindergarten class. He can also be the source of jealousy and fights when there are little brothers or friends around.


I learned about feeling jealous when Jackson got to take home Osito the week before.  Jackson was over at our house after school and we were having a terrible time getting along.  I was doing my best to exclude Jackson from everything that culminated with a sign posted on my door that read "Jackson cant be in the rum".  When mommy finally intervened and asked what was wrong, I finally told her that I was feeling bad because Jackson got to take home Osito that night.  She explained to me that I was feeling jealous.  Since then, I have identified a number of other times that I have been jealous like when Christopher was playing the Leprachon game on daddy's phone.



This week was also the big Christmas Spectacular at St. Lukes.  Although it was the 4th Annual Event for Jackson, Nathan and me, it was Christopher's big debut.  He practiced it up pretty good all week and seemed to have a handle on the material.  But when it came time for his class to play their part, he sucked on his fingers and put his other hand in his pants.  I have been practicing for my own big concert at Millikan High School next week. We are singing Feliz Navidad and Hawaiian Santa which has been playing non-stop at our house since daddy made me the cd.  We set-up the garage like "the big auditorium" with our own makeshift projector and screen.


The holiday parties got rolling this week as well.  Daddy had his work party on Friday night and the annual Keisler/Armstrong/Huber/Van Roozboom affair on Saturday.  Big Zak came over both nights to babysit so we got to eat lots of popcorn, watch movies, and stay up late.  Christopher can't handle the late nights very well so there has been lots of crying during the day!

No comments: