Long Beach Municipal Band! (week 291)
The summer is really here. It was hot and muggy all week--nowhere near what we hear about on the east coast where they are without power and suffering 100 degree plus weather--but it is warm for Long Beach and we are spending more of our time at Thursday beach days, on the backyard waterslide, and at Long Beach Municipal Band concerts in the park. This week was the first week that we were in town for the band concerts in the park. Per tradition, all of the neighborhood friends and family met at the park with picnics, bubbles, and baseball mitts to listen to the band and play.
Each year gets better as we get bigger. All the kids are big enough now to play on our own--the boys are all five and over and the little siblings are all pushing two--without fighting the whole time or the risk of running off into the street. Emma is now the littlest among us and will be in good shape by next year. Usually, we see the Hubers, O'Dowds, Modicas and Armstrongs. The concerts usually draw a few thousand people and last about two hours. Everyone is tired by the time that we hit the showers and go to bed.
This weekend, we spent time around the house working on painting projects and went to the Dodgers game Sunday afternoon. I have never been to Dodger Stadium before so it was super exciting and I talked about it non-stop until Daddy and I finally went up to the Chavez Ravine to meet Grandpa John, Uncle Josh, and Cousin Eli. Now I have been to Blair Field, the Coliseum, the Pyramid, Angels Stadium and Dodger Stadium. My goal is to see all the major stadiums in California before I am ten!
1 comment:
I'm so tickled that you come to our band concerts. We love playing for you!
Post a Comment