Saturday, March 26, 2011

Overnight with the Grandparents (week 213)

Chris and I took a big step this week when Grammy and Grandpa John stayed with us in Long Beach. The reason it was a big deal was because it was the first time that Mommy and Daddy went away for a few nights and we got to stay home alone with our grandparents for more than one night. For the most part everything went smoothly and it was good quality time with our elders. We ate pancakes, went to baseball games at Blair Stadium, and reminded them about what it is like to operate on little or no sleep at night.

Before they left for their trip, we had a Tee-Ball game at Heartwell Park. I only lasted two innings because I had to sit the third inning on the bench. The problem started in the first inning when I made a big catch at First Base. After that, I was locked-in on playing First Base every inning. The problem is that we rotate positions on the Dodgers, so I got into it with Daddy who said I had to play somewhere else because another player wanted to get a shot at First Base. When I began to cry, I had to sit-out for the inning. Playing baseball on a team is a little tougher than playing in the backyard when I get to hit, run, and catch on every play. Sharing has been one of the difficult lessons from organized team sports.

Mommy and Daddy were supposed to go to Japan for a big wedding but they postponed their trip for a few months. Instead, they just drove to Las Vegas and took a much shorter vacation. When they came home, they had magnets and tee-shirts, and pictures of the big hotels. Las Vegas is definitely a place that I want to go to some day, even though Daddy says that it "wiped-him-out". Apparently, Mommy and Daddy don't have very good luck when they are together. At least they got full nights of sleep in successive nights for the first time in a few years.

I think it was a good experience for everyone, but Christopher in particular was excited when Mommy and Daddy came home. There were a lot of hugs and kisses to go around and I think that Grammy and Grandpa John were both looking forward to their own quiet house to catch-up on a little sleep.

No comments: