Sunday, February 13, 2011

Big Brother Ben (week 207)

The big news at the Keisler house is the start of baseball season. This year, it is not the start of Angel's baseball or spring training, rather, it is the start of Cal Ripkin T-Ball for 4-6 year-olds in Long Beach. Although I haven't turned 4 yet, Nathan and I just made the cut-off because you have to be 4 before the first game starts in March. Now, to get ready for our first game we (the Dodgers) have practice every Saturday and Thursday afternoon at Heartwell Park. So far, we have practiced running the bases, stepping and throwing, and hitting off the tee. I wake-up every morning thinking and talking about it; and play with my dad as much as possible.

I am pitching really good now. For the most part, I can throw a strike with a hard ball from 15-20 feet away about 50 percent of the time. Dada sits on a bucket in the corner of the yard and I pitch. I like throwing fastballs the best, although I still get more concerned about who is watching than I do about where I am throwing and often chuck the ball over dada's head and into the house. My favorite though is to go to the big field at Heartwell or Wardlow parks and to run the big bases.

There hasn't been a lot of sleep in our house lately. Christopher went to the doctor this week and was diagnosed with a double ear infection. This explains some of why he was so crazy on the airplane. One thing that Christopher does not like is to take his medicine. Twice a day, it is a major struggle to make him swallow the pink stuff but he has been walking around and falling over a lot. Since he has been growing so much, he is much stronger and puts-up a good fight.

On Friday night, mama and dada went to dinner so we got to hang-out with Zak and Tim. They are now in high school, so Christopher and I always have fun playing with them. We played a bunch of games and watched movies and had popcorn. I love hanging out with the bigger kids. This weekend we also went to Sophia Wodysnki's first birthday. There was a bounce house, soccer goals, and snow cones; and Christopher spent most of his time trying to eat the blue "moon sand". It was good to see Sophia and all our friends from Long Beach.

No comments: